Monday, 23 January 2017

ðŸŽĩ The Oxymoron

Yay it's NPD (New Pedal Day)!!! Although technically I never buy "New" pedals because I always get them "Used", so it would be better termed for me as Another Pedal Day. Jokes aside, let's talk about this new pedal I have just obtained! ðŸ˜Š

First, I shall apologise if you did not understand what my post title meant. It is definitely not an insult to any moron out there. The definition of an oxymoron is a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction. In simpler words, the pedal Nano Big Muff Pi truly raises some eyebrows. How can a BIG pedal be NANO?!?! ðŸĪ”

EHX Nano Big Muff Pi

Yesterday, I bought this for $80 from a man who bought it brand new around April 2016. For a 9 month old pedal, it is in really great shape. The pedal is surprisingly lightweight, maybe even half the weight of an Ibanez TS9. The knobs are smooth and sexy as hell. This is my first Electro-Harmonix pedal and frankly speaking, they are great quality pedals. 👍ðŸŧ


I plugged it in and tested the sound. My oh my, it truly is a noisy fuzz! Compared to the distortion channel on my Boss OS-2, this one has more grit and hiss. It sounds distinct from the OS-2 so that's a plus point. I had thoughts of ridding my OS-2 because I have no more space on my v2.01 board. Now to think of it, I feel like keeping an extra pedal so I can mix and match whenever I feel like it. So my final verdict is, I'm still not selling anything. ðŸ˜Ž


However though, I feel the very next pedal that is on the edge of my collection is the MXR Smartgate. By elimination, the noise gate is of the least use to me so if it need be, the Smartgate is going away. But the Big Muff is a noisy pedal, and the Smartgate is a solid measure for the Muff. Hmmm, maybe the next distortion pedal in v2.1 will put an end to this dilemma? #stressed ðŸ˜Ŧ

😏
Ok that's the end of this post. Back to mugging my studies! (Or games...) Stay tuned for more! ðŸ˜‹

Edwin Ang
23rd January 2017

Tags: PBv2.01

P.S. Happy Chinese New Year!!! ðŸŽŠðŸŽ‰

Update as of 7th April 2017: Nano Big Muff Pi is no longer with me. It has been sold for $90.

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.