Tuesday, 8 August 2017

ðŸŽļ Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster


What do I do when my pay rolls into my bank account? Get a new guitar of course. No I don't do this every time I get my pay. But seriously, this is one guitar that has been on my books for like forever.

Ever since I started my electric guitar journey, I've always wanted a true Fender Stratocaster. That wish came true around two months ago, when I traded away my Gibson Les Paul Studio for a Fender Classic Series Stratocaster.


Don't get me wrong, the Fender Classic Series Stratocaster in the Vintage Sunburst is perhaps the most stunning guitar I've ever owned. But somehow it just doesn't feel like my right guitar. It plays perfect, it sounds awesome, but somehow, I don't feel connected to it. The vintage tuners throws me off and the "Made in Mexico" part of the guitar makes me feel uneasy. Although it's a high end Mexican Fender, I still wish I have an American Fender instead.


There comes this Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster in Sunset Metallic on Carousell. The seller listed it for $1650, but I managed to negotiate till $1500. The guitar is in mint condition, which is a plus point. He claims to have bought it from Guitar Connection over a year ago. GC is known for their large amounts of used guitars. So I doubt I can ever find out where this guitar came from. All I know is this guitar feels awesome!


Deal went through on Sunday. Seller lives at Icon Village, which is just beside Mapletree Anson (which I am working at right now). Just nice I had a 12pm shift on Sunday so I just popped by his house before that. I inspected the guitar and realised there are a bit of dust here and there. I would give the guitar condition 9/10 though.

The pickups are a little oxidised and one of the pickup pole is dirty. The bridge is a little dusty too. The locking tuners are awesome, but those could use some shine. There are a little dust around the knobs area and the area where the neck is bolted on. Otherwise, everything else is mint. Mostly cosmetic problems, nothing I couldn't clean.


I should also note that as of now, I have 2 Fender Stratocasters. Although it's a difficult choice, I have to let the Classic Series Stratocaster go. I can't have 2 of the same kind of guitar lying around; one would be played more than the other. Hope I can sell it off and use the money on some other gear!

Once I find a suitable luthier, I will send my Fender Deluxe for a full set up and some cleaning. I am aiming to make this guitar my go-to guitar, with the Classic Vibe Telecaster as my home-practice guitar and the Tribute Plus as my back-up guitar.


And that's it. Spent too much money again. Time to go back and wallow in self-pity that my bank amount has dropped back to nothing. But at least I have my Summer with me (I named my Fender Deluxe "Summer" because of it's amazing sunny colour). These pictures can't do justice to its beauty!

Edwin Ang
8th August 2017

***Update as of 25th December 2018: The Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster is no longer with me. It has been sold for $1220.

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.