Wednesday, 1 June 2022

ðŸĨē Goodbye Memories

I don't even know where to start...

Maybe I'll talk about why I'm selling such a special guitar with such a heavy heart. I got this LTD EC-1000 in New Zealand on Boxing Day 2019, back when I went New Zealand for a 2-week solo trip. I was actually waiting for this particular guitar for quite a while already, and I finally saw it sitting in a shop.


I hand-carried the guitar all the way from Palmerston North to Wellington, up the plane, to Sydney for transit and then back to Singapore. It was such a wild journey. Played this guitar on stage a few times and recorded plenty of covers with it.

But, eventually, my sweaty palms took over and the frets darkened. Slowly, I stopped picking up the guitar and eventually always relied on my Thinline Telecaster instead. The EC-1000 became a mere ornament as of late. There and then, I knew it was time.

With a heavy heart, I sold it off tonight for $1100. Made quite a loss but at least I had great memories from owning the guitar! I'm expecting another Humbucker-equipped guitar to enter my arsenal soon! Preferably one with stainless steel frets!!!

Goodbye EC1000. Thankful for the great memories!!! With that, I'm left with one guitar of each kind. Gonna be like this for a while. Minimalistic!!!


Edwin Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.