Sunday, 17 July 2022

🏃ðŸŧ Hotone Jogg


Can someone please enlighten me how in the world are pedal makers making audio interfaces smaller and smaller? This is insane and batshit crazy!!! I never would have thought I'd get hold of something so small yet so powerful!

I chanced upon it at Swee Lee after talking a walk in the shop. I tested it out with my portable charger and it just lit up. That instantly attracted me to the pedal. A church friend was there with me and he too got equally intrigued. Wanted to purchase a new one ($129) right there and then but the display piece was the last one left.

Bummed, I went home and ordered one from online, for a cheaper $98.35! Took quite a while to arrive but it did. The only risk ordering from online is that they might ship the version 1 of this pedal, which powers via micro-USB. Thankfully it arrived with version 2's USB-C connection!


Although the pedal is small, it is surprisingly versatile. There is an XLR out, a L and R out for stereo, an Aux In and Headphone out at the top, one 9V power input and the most important USB-C connection. Crazy versatile!!!

Plugged it into my MacBook Pro and launched Logic Pro. Everything works exactly like how I'd use my Focusrite Solo. I think it's time to sell the Focusrite Solo! The only difference is that the Focusrite Solo can take in an additional XLR input, something which I don't need at the moment.



Aesthetically, the Focusrite Solo looks more professional on my table, but practically speaking, the Hotone Jogg is the best with form factor. Can't beat a size this small!!! Already listed the Solo on Carousell as I type! (Edit: Focusrite Solo's been sold!!!)

Also listed a whole bunch of other stuff including the MC8, OS-2 and even the Pedaltrain Nano. Really thinning my herd to prepare for an intensive 2 years of studies. I quite like the single-guitar setup at the moment. Not much to worry about!

My music journey will be expected to slow down even more compared to when Covid hit the world. University studies just isn't something to take lightly in the next season of my life!

Edwin Ang

***As of 19th October 2025, the Hotone Jogg has been sold for $45.

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.