It's December!!! My favourite month is December, because no matter how busy I get, the holiday feels always manage to kick in! Happy December!!! Okay, now to serious stuff. On 17th November 2016, I ordered a Tap Tempo Kit from Pedal Parts Plus online. I needed the tap tempo for my Boss DD-5. (Did I mention how insanely difficult it is to set the correct beat without the tap tempo?) Anyways, yes, for anyone who knows me, I don't like to order stuff from overseas. The shipping cost and waiting time is just too much to handle. ð
![]() |
| Hammond 1590LB Tap Tempo |
But this time, I had no choice. Davis Guitar is selling the exact same pedal for $40, which is insane, and that was the benchmark for everyone on Carousell to follow. By calculations, ordering online can be settled under $30. And so I pressed the "Checkout" button. Now comes the real delay. It took exactly 2 weeks to arrive at my doorstep from the moment I placed my order, which is kinda insane considering the technological advancement these days. There was even a moment when I had no news for 8 days straight, that alone scared me quite a little. Still, it came in one piece and I was satisfied. ð
![]() |
| Click this link to check it out on PPP's page! |
It's crazy to think that the shipping cost is almost the same as the cost of the item itself. But it's understandable considering it's registered mail. Overall, the process was enjoyable for me. It's my first time ordering something online and I certainly will do it again if I can't find what I want in Singapore! ð
![]() |
| PPP even packed 2 American branded sweets just to show they legitly came from the US. |
![]() |
| Used my own wires instead because the provided ones are too low the quality. |
And there you have it, the tap tempo pedal. One more thing to add, the pedal was too plain. So I took a black marker and decorated it. In the first picture of this post (or the next picture), notice I drew a musical note just beside the foot switch? Musicians might find it familiar, but for the non-musicians reading this post, that musical note was meant to complement the foot switch. In musical terms, it's called the dotted 8th delay (See how the switch is the "dot" to the note?), one of Hillsong's most used delay tempo. Yeah, dotted 8th is my favourite tempo too! ð
![]() |
| Just one more! |
That top right hand corner is still reserved for a tuner pedal. Who knows when I can get it? ð° But now, this version 1.92 board is just so perfect for me. I use every effects every time I practise and the sound is just so clear and crisp, just like how a telecaster should sound like. It just feels so good just looking at my board! ð
Edwin Ang
3rd December 2016
Tags: PBv1.92





No comments:
Post a Comment