Now that I'm in Pulau Tekong most of my time, buying and selling stuff on Carousell becomes a super painful process. I can only deal on weekends and I can't get access to my gear on weekdays. Fortunately, I stumbled upon a Pedaltrain Junior for sale for $70 on 28th October 2017. Bought it immediately after I booked-out that day.
![]() |
| A rough idea... |
Arrived home that day to re-arrange my pedals and managed to fit everything I need onto the Junior. There's just a few problems now. I don't have the correct brackets to mount my Voodoo Labs power supply underneath the Junior. I don't have a sturdy enough case to carry the pedalboard. There are 2 pedals left out: TC Electronic Polytune 2 and the MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay.
Today, I managed to sell the MXR Carbon Copy for $110, a profit of $10 for me. I find that I am always using my Strymon Timeline and almost never touches the MXR Carbon Copy. It is so easy to dial in my delay settings on the Timeline compared to the MXR. Although the Timeline is a Digital Delay and MXR is an Analog Delay, most naked ears wouldn't hear the difference anyways.
As for the Polytune 2, I have decided to keep it for now. For gigs that don't require usage of my Nano POG, I can swap it with the Polytune 2 easily since it's at the top right corner of the pedalboard. Keeping an extra pedal would add flexibility to my rig anyways.
![]() |
| Paul Cochrane Timmy Overdrive |
Wait, how about keeping 2 extra pedals instead? Not talking about the MXR, but talking about another Overdrive pedal. I stumbled across this Paul Cochrane Timmy Overdrive in Limited Edition Gold on Carousell for $170. I bought it today as well, with the intention for it to replace the EHX Soul Food. I find that the Soul Food is too trebly for my needs. But yet again, the Soul Food is great at what it is meant to do, so I find it hard to let the Soul Food go.
Enter the 2nd extra pedal: My EHX Soul Food. I figured that I can occasionally swap my drive pedals around whenever I want if I got extra pedals lying around. This flexibility will allow me to adapt to any changes a gig needs. For what it's worth, I am crazy in love with distortion and overdrive pedals. I am also expecting to obtain a Suhr Riot soon to fill my high gain needs.
Enough pedal-talk for now; I still have my board problems to worry about. As for the case, I might just go to Swee Lee to buy a new Mono Club with the money I will get back from selling the PT2 Classic and Mono Tour. The mounting brackets, however, is a different story.
Swee Lee was problematic this time round when I tried to order a pair of mounting brackets to mount the Voodoo Lab underneath my Junior. I clearly transferred $10 over to Swee Lee's account but they said payment was unsuccessful. I was shocked. I had used this payment method many times and this is the first time I encounter a failure. Until I obtain the brackets, I will not be selling my PT2 Classic away.
With all these in mind, I am clearly keeping myself busy over the only free time I have on weekends. I hope that by the end of BMT (10th December 2017), I can get everything settled and go back to focusing on my playing once again. That's all for this weekend!
![]() |
| My 2 favourite drives |
Click here for Part Two.
Edwin Ang
4th November 2017
Tags: PBv3.00





No comments:
Post a Comment