![]() |
| Dual guitars? Well, not both electric I hope! |
Introducing...the Edwin's Dual Guitars patch!!!
It's by far one of my most complicated patches but I've included everything I have ever learnt about the Helix since day 1 into this patch. Utilising all the available DSP, I managed to create a patch that allows both acoustic and electric guitars to run into and out of the Helix together. Why not give it a try?
Amplifier head used in this patch for the electric guitar path is the Cartographer. If I'm not wrong, Line 6 developed this amp head and did not base it off any kind of other amp heads. It's one of the most versatile amp heads I know in the Helix, being on par with the Placater Clean channel and the A30 Fawn Normal channel.
IR is also used for the electric guitar path. This IR is given free by both Tonejunkie and Worship Tutorials so I'm not breaking any laws here. It imitates a Celestion Gold speaker recorded by Royer R121 and Shure SM7b microphones. A really solid IR in my opinion.
Added a Deluxe Comp at the beginning for standard compression needs and a Cali Q Graphic EQ at the end to even out the sound. Drew this inspiration from Worship Tutorial patches.
Only two dirt pedals are used here. The Tubescreamer variant and the Timmy variant. Both are complete opposites of each other which is why they work go great together. The Tubescreamer is a thick, buffy, creamy overdrive while the Timmy is a light, transparent and clean overdrive. When combined they become very very deadly.
Various delays and reverbs are used. Main ones are the classic quarter and dotted 8th delays you find in most Christian music. Reverbs ranges from light to heavy, great versatility. Turn on everything for maximum ambience used for swells and stuff!
As for acoustic guitar path, there's not much to describe. It uses path A and has no amps or cabs. Basic delay and tremolo added for versatility. One light and one heavy reverb to add ambience. 3 kinds of EQ to smoothen out the sound coming from the acoustic pickups. Uses the return 1 input of the Helix!
I've tested this patch personally and it works great! Definitely very handy for live situations where you don't really want to unplug to change guitars. I, however, prefer all 4 paths for just one electric guitar! But that's just me!
Download the patch here!!!
Edwin Ang
17th May 2019






No comments:
Post a Comment