Sunday, 17 May 2020

🎎 Yours Forever


Whew, this is by the one of the most interesting, if not most fun, Christian songs to play!!! I played until 2AM just to record this cover so this should mean something. Yours Forever has been around for a long long time, and it still features one of the most tight and complicated guitar riffs.

The striking lead riff, boomy verse palm mutes, loud chorus power chords, and spacey bridge. The last time I covered this song was in April 2017, which was a rather long time ago. I had my reasons for not re-covering it sooner.

I originally wanted to get a Gretsch to do the boomy verse because it just sounded right. But I sold off my Gretsch G5420T way too early. The power chords throughout the song matches a solidbody humbucker guitar so there's that.


I went ahead to cover it tonight because this song is just that fun! Used my HX Stomp again for recording. This is the 2nd time in a row I didn't use my Helix Floor for a cover. Wow. Seems like HX Stomp is becoming my main choice of rig.

Well, there's not much I say about a classic Hillsong praise song. The solo is the only tough part to nail in my opinion. There's too much going on that I decided to just play what I can hear. Would have put in more distortion and drive but well, HX Stomp.

There's a really strong feel to create another pedalboard with actual analog pedals again. If the HX Stomp came out when I had my Pedaltrain Junior, I don't think I would ever be in the Helix Floor business. Well, it's not too late now, I have dual OCDs waiting.

Edwin Ang
17th May 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.