Monday, 9 August 2021

ðŸĪ” Another Chapter?

It has been an excellent few years with the Line 6 Helix Floor. I kid you not, since May 2018, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. The Line 6 HX Stomp got released few months after I bought the Helix Floor and my life has never been the same.


During the first year of owning the Helix Floor, I spammed it every other weekend playing for my church. It felt real good to have a professional audio device with me on stage. Then some time during 2019, I put together an HX Stomp flyrig and began to explore the capabilities of the Stomp, while still spamming the Floor.


Fast-forwarding to early 2021, I actually moved the Stomp over to a Metro 16 board and that saw the decreased usage of my Helix Floor, so much that I don't even consider using the Helix Floor anymore. And that brings me to my topic today.


With the Helix Floor now hanging on the line to be put on sale (waiting for Helix Native 30% off), the following items will be purchased to facilitate this next chapter of my musical journey:

1. Line 6 HX Stomp - $650?
Of course I need another Stomp. Duh... It's the reason for this switch.


2. Helix Native - $70 USD with discount 30%
Yes, with the Floor gone, I have no other way to access my few hundred bucks worth of purchased presets. So I need a Native to at least not waste those money. However, the Native seems like a very useful too for me now that I have a super strong computer with minimal lag.


3a. Mosky Dual Switch - From Lazada @ $20
Yes I do need another dual switch. This thing is the bomb. This dual switch expands the number of switches to 5 and is critical for my wet effects. Buying another dual switch means buying another TRS patch cable.

3b. EBS TRS Patch Cable - From Andertons @ $30
Yes, stupid cable is so damn rare in Singapore that I have to pay for absurd shipping just to get them from the US. Might as well order more EBS cables to put on my current board so I can at least route the cleanest overdrive last in chain.


3c. JET Micro??? - $200???
I don't really use MIDI but if given the chance, I'll probably put the current dual switch onto the flyrig and place a MIDI controller on my main board. That'll free up some space on the board in terms of cabling real estate. If I get this JET, then I can skip another dual switch and the expensive shipping of EBS patch cables.

Seems to me that I will still have leftover money after selling the Floor. That sum I will keep for future use. Not a bad idea. I'm also rather hesitant to make this post as seen from previous experiences, posts like these will become true rather soon. 😂

Edwin Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.