Tuesday, 5 October 2021

👉ðŸŧ Next Generation

Before we proceed to the next generation of my music journey, the current generation must first pass. And that will happen with the sale of quite a lot of my gear. These are the few items that had to go to make way for the next journey!

Soul Food was the first one to disappear (for good I hope) from my arsenal. A classic pedal but made with really cheap parts. Sold it off for $70, which is already good enough for a pedal that's so battered up. Total incurred losses from trading my two Snake Oil pedals with this Soul Food and a Fulldrive 2 is $200. Dayummm...

Next one that went was the Scarlett Love Overdrive. As with all pedals that left me, I will leave notes and scribbles in my pedals to "leave my mark" in case I get famous one day. Sold this for $179 after listing it for quite a while. Not easy to sell a pedal that is so expensive and which only targets Christian guitarists.


Then it was the Jackson Audio Prism. The Boss WL-50 wireless unit took over Prism's spot on the board so Prism had to go. It was a tough pedal to sell since it's crazy expensive for the little that it does. I had to lower my price drastically and lost $40 in the process. Never touching boutique pedals randomly again.


The Line 6 G10 was also sold away in this mega sale. No point keeping this one because the design is really shitty with the micro-USB power cable. Not sure why a musical item would still use micro-USB in this era. But good sale because I have no use for the G10 now.


Here's another impulse purchase that I finally sold off too. Not sure why I had this crazy idea to hear my guitar out loud recently. Tried a Boss Katana 50 MK2 and then this. But never really used it. Still preferred using headphones so off this goes too!


Final piece of gear in this crazy sale. There is one whole post dedicated to this sale of the Line 6 Helix Floor so I shall not go into detail.

But yes, whew. What a crazy sale in 2021. Time to move into the next generation with the HX Stomp!!!

Edwin Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.