Thursday, 23 October 2025

⏩ The Way Forward

It’s the 4th quarter of 2025 and I’ve yet to make good of my music journey. One post per quarter on average isn’t looking good, but at this stage of life, I’m not aiming to look good.

For all of you (if any) following this blog till this post, you will know that I spent many, many years building pedalboards. The latest iteration, was my final build, for the last 4 years. Pretty insane to not change anything on my pedalboard considering it is the way of life for us electric guitarists.

I had a plan to never ever dismantle this version of my pedalboard because I loved it all so much. Oh, and also because I am in no need of money at this stage in life. My next stage of life does include plans to move out of Singapore, to live in the bigger world out there. In order to do so, a rule I have to follow is to have very little belongings. A pedalboard essentially breaks that rule.

I have sold away a lot of things in the recent months, and this pedalboard is one of the final few. I am no longer service for church, so it’s natural my gear sees very little use these days. Time to move on with life I guess.


Below is the total (predictive sales included) amount I can get back and transfer to the new Helix Stadium once it is released:

Line 6 HX Stomp - Sold for $700
Pedaltrain Metro 16 Frame - Sold for $60
Dunlop Mini Volume DVP4 - Sold for $120
Boss WL-50 - Sold for $180
Xotic SP Compressor - Sold for $150
Fulltone OCD-Ge - Sold for $180
Zvex Distortron - Sold for $70
True Tone Onespot CS6 - Sold for $90
Line 6 Helix - Selling for $1000 (yes I plan to sell this as my final sale)
Patch Cables - Sold for $70 wholesale

Total: $2620 if all goes well

Of course, I do have a backup plan, and no, it isn’t the Line 6 Helix Floor. Close, but it’s not. In 2025, Line 6 announced the Helix successor, the Line 6 Helix Stadium. That, my friends, is the way forward. 


The Stadium is listed at USD 1800 for now, so converting to SGD will set me back around at least $2300, which is not too bad considering I still earn some money from this big sale. Moving forward, this will not only get me another (hopeful) 10 years of Line 6 support, but will also let me easily port my tones over to another Stadium system overseas if ever need be.

I do plan to only get the Stadium instead of the Stadium XL for simplicity sake. I've recently learnt to live with less and in doing so, do more in life. Till the next update, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

πŸ“– Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.