Monday, 1 August 2016

🎬 Solution

Heyyyyyyyyyyy❗❗❗ How you doin' peeps? I'm back with a new song today! πŸ˜Ž 

First and formals, I wanted to record a video with my Squier Classic Vibe ever since I laid hands on it. But for some reason the factory strings are so noob that it rusted within days of arrival, thus holding me back. Furthermore, I didn't remove the rusty strings immediately so the oxidation spread to my frets, making the frets kinda dirty. I was quite sian of it so I immediately went to look for ways to clean my frets. I consulted this guy called Richter cos he's a home-based guitar repairs and setups guy. Due to both our busy schedules, it was quite tough for us to meet up but we finally did 2 days ago. So before that, I didn't even touch my telecaster for 2 whole weeks, which kinda sucks. But alas, Richter did quite a wonderful job and I am quite pleased. After an hour of fitting on the new strings (trust me vintage tuners are tough to restring), my telecaster was all ready to be played. πŸŽΈ



So today, I finally found some alone time to record this video. The song name is Solution, by Hillsong United. About 5 years ago, my good friend Christopher introduced me to this song. I immediately fell in love with this song because it is very different from other Christian songs. Modern Christian songs now revolves around your personal relationship with God but this song revolves around you helping others to know God. Quite a unique song, but the best part is, the electric guitar parts are quite fun to play with. πŸ˜„

Which brings me to the next point, my gear used. I used only 3 pedals in this song. The CS-3, DD-3 and OS-2. I used the OS-2's full on distortion and the DD-3's dotted 8th delay. The signal chain is: Squier Classic Vibe Tele > CS-3 > OS-2 > DD-3 > Ibanez home amp. Quite a fun song because of the dotted 8th. I mean, which song doesn't sound nice with dotted 8th? Also, I reduced the bass on the amp and increased the treble because I wanted the sound to be loud and striking. I find the muting part most fun to play! πŸ˜Š



Apart from the few mistakes here and there because my arms are very tired at the time of recording, it is a really really fun song to play! I classify this as v1.0 because I would totally re-record this song again someday. So what are you waiting for? Click here for the solution! πŸ˜Ž

Edwin Ang
1st August 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

πŸ“– Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.