 |
| Goodbye!!! |
Well, throwback to my first ever piece of equipment, the Squier Bullet Stratocaster! Today, fatefully, I just sold away that guitar. The main big floating reason is because my family is gonna move house in less than 2 year's time, into a new condominium with a little less space. And that little less space means I have to downsize my gears. Guitars and gears come and go, that is the way of a Singaporean guitarist. Nothing bothers me as much as letting go this piece of gear. It was a very very reluctant sale, but it had to be done. ๐ข

Of course, I didn't immediately decide on selling it at first. I let fate decide. Since I bought it for around $180 few years ago... Wait a minute, come to think about it, today is 17th August 2016, and I bought the Bullet Strat on 4th August 2013, so it is a full 3 years this guitar has been with me! Wow! Back to topic, $180 back then, $150 today. Yes, I put it on Carousell for a higher than average price of $150, prior to my mum's request. If no one buys it, then I get to keep it. And knowing the price of 2nd hand starter guitars ranging around the $100 mark, $150 will definitely raise only eyebrows. ๐ณ

But alas, someone did offer me the full $150. The buyer ain't only getting a guitar for $150, oh no no, she is getting much more. All my memories revolves around that guitar, both sweet and sour memories. It was the first guitar I ever laid my hands on, and more so my dad bought it for me. I started from nothing to a little more than nothing today because of this guitar. Sometimes, it brought me sadness because twice I auditioned with this guitar and twice I was rejected. All these memories I can only look back with the pictures and videos I have of it. ๐ฃ
There it goes, into the hands of someone who wants to pick up electric guitar. She got the same intention as me when I first got this guitar, so I am quite satisfied with the sale now. Hope that she can make full use of the guitar and achieve her dreams with it! ๐
Goodbye Squier Bullet Strat! You will be missed, dearly.
Edwin Ang17th August 2016
*Check out the various throwback videos I have recorded of my Bullet Strat!
No comments:
Post a Comment