On the 30th December 2015, I had my first taste of the analogue pedals world. I bought my first 4 Boss pedals. To me, at that point in time, my world revolves around budget pedals like those. Then on the 27th January 2016, I ventured further. I planned for more pedals, more exposure. I got a Line 6 M5, and it was just the beginning.
Fast forward to 1st November 2016, when my board is almost full, I stepped into the boutique pedals world. The SP Compressor was my first step. It was around that time when I learnt that the huge flashy pedals professionals have on their boards comes from the brand Strymon. Fast forward to today, my pedalboard is even more expensive than my most expensive guitar.
![]() |
| Pedalboard as of 10th July 2017 |
From the SP Compressor to the Fulltone OCD and now to this Strymon Timeline, I have never regretted buying these boutique pedals. They are a huge part of my tone now and it will be for eternity to come.
Now about the Strymon Timeline, I bought it yesterday from a Carouseller for $500. He claims to be the first owner and it was recently bought. Whether that's true or not doesn't concern me. The fact that this pedal is in a superb condition is enough. Tested it at his house and it works. So the deal went smoothly and I was happy.
Strymon Timeline, to me, is one of those few "must have" pedals if you are talking worship terms. Delay is the most needed effects for worship, and the Timeline just so happens to meet all our needs. I really wanted this pedal for a very long time already and finally I'm holding one. I have yet to test it's functions and all but I'm positive it will be one awesome experience.
This is a huge pedal, and 2 lines of velcro might seem weak. But, the pedal is feather-light. I doubted it's functionality at first due to it's weight, but some research shows that pedal actually buys this pedal because it is light-weight. Wow! The 2 lines of velcro actually holds it in place pretty tightly.
These are some additional items that the seller threw in free for me. As seen, it's a Mooer 9V adapter with its own daisy chain. I could be looking to sell those for some extra cashback.
As you might have noticed about the change in the placement of my Nano POG and Carbon Copy on my board, the 2 pedals that have to give way to the Timeline are the Boss DD-5 and the CryBaby Mini. Coincidentally, these 2 pedals arrived on my board on the same day and now they are leaving together. Hope I will leave the Boss DD business for good. Make no mistake, those are solid pedals. But to me, Boss pedals are too artificial sounding.
Next to come would be a different reverb pedal. I most likely won't be looking for a BigSky because that's just overkill. I find that the Hall Of Fame isn't holding up well enough. Maybe the MXR Reverb might be in next? Maybe the Neunaber Wet Reverb? Maybe even Hall Of Fame 2? I don't know.
What I know is, now I'm desperate for free time so I can fully master the Strymon Timeline on pedalboard version 2.4. I'm very excited for what's to come next!
Edwin Ang
10th July 2017
Tags: PBv2.40
***Update as of 13th May 2018: The Strymon Timeline finally left my arms. Been sold for $480.







No comments:
Post a Comment