Nope, I did not type that in Pulau Tekong. By the time this post is posted, I have ready been inside BMT (Basic Military Training) for one full week. I scheduled this post to this date because it's a nice date. Also, this scheduled post make it seem like my blog is still alive (when it's not). And it might not be for the next 8 weeks too!
![]() |
| >>> Take It All <<< |
Cut to the chase, this post is about my guitar cover for the month of October. I have finally covered a song with my Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster. I got this guitar back in August but did not play with it much until now. A Gretsch 5420T came a few weeks after this guy and got played more. But today, that's not the case.
I have selected the song Take It All by Hillsong United. Although the main riff sounds nicer with a Humbucker, I already set my mind on the Fender Deluxe. This ain't an easy song by any means. The main riff is quite manageable on its own. But when mixed with other chords and riffs, the timing is a real issue.
The little movements in between the verses and choruses made me screw up the timing a couple of times. I don't even want to begin switching effects mid-song (although that's how the song goes) given the sheer difficulty of my time-keeping skills. But overall it's a great song that I enjoy playing a lot!
Effects used are pretty much the same stuff with the last guitar cover I posted. Some say my life would be complete with just this four pedals. But I'd still rather have my full arsenal at my feet. It is recommended for me beef up the chorus chords with another gain pedal stacked onto the OCD, but I was too busy caring about my timing.
That new Hall Of Fame Generation 2 pedal is really tempting, considering I use the HoF 1 on almost every song I play. Maybe when I book out and have some spare time, I might go over to Swee Lee to check it out.
And this is a really beautiful shot of all my guitars! It took me a few years to gather the equipment in this picture so just plainly staring at it is enough to make me smile.
And that's all for this post. It's still quite surreal that I'm inside the army now. And it will be all over before I know it. One week down, eight more weeks to go!!! Chiong ahhhhh!!!
Edwin Ang
10th October 2017



No comments:
Post a Comment