I had tons of fun with it, recording sadly just 2 covers with the guitar. The bigsby was amazing, just as I'd hoped it would be. The Filtertrons pickups are unique in their own taste, very much different from single coils and humbuckers. The lightweight body and a classy look made it all very amusing to play this guitar.
Unfortunately, with the addition of a bass guitar and another acoustic at home, I had one too many instruments. The Fender Stratocaster and Squier Telecaster are both housed in soft cases so they take up much lesser space than the Gretsch. Likewise, the Yamaha TRBX and FSX both are housed in soft cases too. The only one that needs to go is the one in the hard case; the Gretsch G5420T.
The G5420T's sale wasn't like the Fender Classic Stratocaster sale I had last year. That time I wanted to get rid of the Strat, but this time I had no choice. Furthermore, I made a loss of $180 as I sold it at $650 today to another Carouseller. It doesn't matter much me though, because I had so much fun with it for the past 6 months.
Goodbye G5420T.
Edwin Ang
11th February 2018


No comments:
Post a Comment