*Epic music plays...*
Enter the most expensive purchase I have ever done in my life up till this point: The Line 6 Helix full floor model!!! *Throws confetti...*
Dayummmmm!!! I am super stoked just by looking at that! A $2000 purchase with a $200 bag!!! This better be the greatest pedal effects board ever made!
With the funds I collected by selling half of what I owned, I raised just enough money to purchase this tone monster. I have done tons of research before even deciding to make the jump. A few months since I first googled digital pedalboard, I am holding this Line 6 Helix right now. First, let's see how high class this beast is.
The packaging is quite sturdy. There's a coloured outer skin holding the actually box that contains the Helix, a common way of packaging used by high end electronics companies. Opening up the box, I see 2 sturdy foams holding the unit in place, and what looks like a sleek USB being included in my purchase!
Included in the accessories are a power cable (which I can't use because the head isn't the standard 3-pin head we use in Singapore), a USB cable, and a legit USB stick. There's the warranty card and a huge cheat sheet included. I love the cheat sheet since it looks like a poster to me!
This Helix carrying case costed me $200 on its own. Expecting it to rival the quality of a Mono case, I wasn't disappointed. The Helix fits snugly inside the case and there's plenty of space to put other things too! Best is the feel of the bag; I rather like the dual comfortable straps that is similar to my Mono electric guitar case! Definitely worth the money in my opinion.
I love how the Helix is built like a tank. The surface is rock solid metal and it wasn't as heavy as I expect it to be. I have used Line 6 gear before and I am definitely very happy that Line 6 is still maintaining its quality after all these years. Screw the haters who keep hating on Line 6 because they are too rich for their own good. I don't see anything wrong with digital modelling!
Of course I am still a pedals lover and these 6 pedals will probably stay as collection because they are really cool pedals! I will be working on a way to incorporate both kinds of effects so I will essentially have MY OWN TONE.
Been playing around with the Helix and have not even scratched the tip of the iceberg. This thing is beyond words can ever describe! Downloaded the Line 6 Updater and updated it to the latest 2.53.0 firmware. This update includes over 200 more new effects! Also downloaded the HX Edit software so I can edit my patches with my laptop as well! Too cool!
Went on YouTube and purchased a patch from Worship Tutorials. The patch is the exact effects used for This Is Amazing Grace, my most favourite worship song. It's a no-brainer that I would buy this patch first. $3, totally worth it as now I have something to start with! Now, back to playing around with the Helix!!!
Edwin Ang
20th May 2018
*As of October 2018, every other guitar pedal and gear is gone. The Helix has completely replaced every single piece of my gear.
**As of October 2021, I have moved back to analog pedals centered around the HX Stomp on a Pedaltrain Metro 16. At this point in time, I have not touched the Helix Floor for a few months already.
***As of January 2022, my Line 6 Helix Floor has been sold for $1250. It was a really great 4 years with it and now I'm moving on to newer heights with the HX Stompboard.







Tempted to get one too!
ReplyDelete