Sunday, 28 July 2019

ðŸŽĩ AMT's Marshall

Just when I thought Helix and Stomp will be my last investments in guitar effects. Chanced upon super cheap deals on Reverb.com that I just have to get this pedal. Many moons ago I contemplated on buying this pedal but went on to get the Tech 21 Blonde instead.

Although the Blonde was great, it was not versatile at all compared to what AMT has to offer. Presenting the AMT M2 pedal!!!


It's a dream come true just holding this pedal in my hands because I remember clearly that day when I walked into Ebenex and they told me the M2 is sold out. I had to try the others like O2 and Vt2, but none appealed to me. Ended up walking out with a Tech 21 Blonde because the salesperson was excellent at persuasion.



Nevertheless, here I am, back in the game. 2 weeks ago I acquired the AMT Chameleon Cab from this Russian dealer and since it was a success I went on to order an AMT M2 as well. This will be the only 2 pedals I am getting from Russia.


Paired together, these 2 sounded great!!! However, not gonna lie, I find it too harsh for my liking. It sounded better when I just use it as a drive instead of a preamp. Chameleon Cab is taking it in pretty well. I'd say the Cab is truly a wonder of a pedal.

The Chameleon Cab definitely earned a place in my arsenal. Not too sure about the M2. Only time will tell. Now that the OCD-Ge is out of my game, which overdrive pedal will I be getting next? Hmm...

Edwin Ang
26th July 2019

With a surprising turn in events, the Fulltone OCD-Ge is back in my game, and it has clearly kicked out the AMT M2. As of 21st October 2019, the AMT M2 has been sold for $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.