Monday, 24 September 2018

ðŸŽļ My Dream Guitar Part 4 - Solidbody Out


Goodbye solidbody Telecaster! Honestly it's been a great journey with Telecasters and I would like to go one step further by going into semi-hollow Telecasters. Tonight, I sold off the Fender FSR Telecaster that I bought 6 months ago for $380.

Ah ah ah, $380 is actually half the price I bought the guitar for, and I wouldn't make a random loss just like that. I removed the Vintage Noiseless pickups and bam, the price of the guitar instantly drops. I actually don't mind making such a huge loss because the Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups are seriously worth it.


Honestly speaking I could have ordered a new set of Vintage Noiseless and profit a little but oh wells, I wouldn't wanna take a chance with a "different" set of pickups. This pair of Vintage Noiseless is one of the best tones I've ever heard in my years of playing. Definitely putting them into the new Warmoth Thinline when it arrives.


Such is the wiring inside the FSR Telecaster. There are 3 grounds that I removed alongside the pickups because I don't see those grounds in any other circuit diagrams and figured it could be of help someday. There's also a capacitor in between the tone and volume knob which was kinda awkward; it could be of help too!


Meanwhile, I have decided not to take out any other parts on the FSR Telecaster and went to buy my own parts. Basically spent about $100 buying Telecaster parts from all around Peninsula Plaza. Wanted to go with Emerson pots but those are pretty expensive. Some decent ones will do for now. I have actually gathered all the parts that I need and it's just a waiting game with Warmoth at this point.

I have also put up my Fender Deluxe for sale because I know that once the Thinline comes in, I will almost most certainly use that guitar for all my single coil needs. I will make my Thinline Telecaster be associated with my name for many years to come. As such, I would require my backup guitar to be one with humbuckers instead.


Currently looking at 1 of these 3 brands for my humbucking needs: Gibson, ESP LTD or PRS. I am seriously considering the LTD EC-1000 VB Duncan because it's around the same value as my Fender Deluxe. The other 2 brands will most likely see me put in more money for the same goal. Also, black and yellow is kinda my favourite colour pairing of late!

By the way, here's a few new cute guitar picks I bought when shopping at Peninsula Plaza:


Phase Two is complete! Better days are coming!!! Hooyah!!!

Edwin Ang
24th September 2018

Choose a direction <<< or >>> to view other posts in the Dream Guitar series!

1 comment:

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.