Saturday, 15 August 2020

ðŸĨ Roland TD-4KP

Can you imagine a frustration after trying something for a few hours and it just does not work? Well, I tried recording the cajon last weekend for my cover and was so pissed off at it that I omitted after all. I then set my mind to get a proper drum set so I don't have to use the original song anymore.

What I didn't know is, how soon that was gonna be. One day? Nah. One week? Oh yes!


They don't call me fast for no reason. I saw the need, I assessed my finances, and I bought the goods. I was looking at the Roland TD1KP for quite a while because of it's streamlined shape, but this Roland TD4KP passed by and wow, it fits my home perfectly.

I searched online for it, I am even willing to pay shipping costs, but both models were nowhere to be found. So I ended up getting 2nd-hand from Carousell. Priced at $1199 new at Swee Lee, I got it for just $780. Drove to the seller's house yesterday to collect the set. Dad chipped in for the costs with $300.

 

This is an amazing drum kit, I kid you not. The weight is super light and the form is super small. Fits perfectly at the corner of my living room and can even be folded if needed. I doubt I'll fold and keep it since my brother is a fresh addict on the drums.

We both spent quite a good amount of time on it already since I brought it home last night. I can only imagine the wonders I can achieve with all of the instruments I have at home now. Literally I can host a full band and got the gear to accommodate everyone.

But this Roland TD-4KP isn't considered my instrument because it's shared amongst the family. So I won't be adding it into my arsenal list. Just like the keyboard and the cajon, I have it at my fingertips, but it's more for the family than for myself.

Edwin Ang
15th August 2020

*As of 10th July 2023, this drum set have been sold for $300. I know it's not even half the price of what I paid for, but this set have been used so much that it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.