Friday, 18 February 2022

✨ Red Sparkle

Boy oh boy, sparkle top guitars just looks so so AMAZING!!! I've always wanted a Gretsch Jet due to their sparkle tops but Gretsch guitars aren't my kind of thing. Recently, I chanced upon a GTRS video on YouTube and my interest was piqued.


These guitars are touted as the next generation and the future of electric guitars because of their on-board effects. Hidden within the Stratocaster body are hundreds of effects and amp simulation, all accessible via one Super Knob.

What's more, the effects can be accessed via an App on the phone using Bluetooth technology. The on-board effects uses a battery which can be charged via Type C beside the output jack. If all these aren't working, the guitar can still function as a normal regular passive electric guitar. Wow!


I got this guitar for $600 from GuitarEmerge. Lebbeus bought the guitar from Davis Guitar for $750, did about 9 videos on the guitar, then put it on Carousell. This red sparkle is a finish that came later than the original 4 solid colours.

The build was actually surprisingly good, all things considered. The frets are smooth and levelled and the pickups are decent. The headstock and font is direct rip-off of Suhr guitars. LMAO. But that roasted maple neck looks really awesome!


The rosewood frets are dark enough for my taste, which makes me quite happy. I would probably put some locking tuners on this guitar soon, seeing as there is a tremolo to play with. I have noodled around with it using the app and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed.

Right off the bat, this guitar sounds sick with the default amp sim. I can literally just plug in my headphones and jam away, without any other cable or power source. What amazing technology! Although with all that tech inside, the guitar is on the heavier side.


Haven't had time to fully explore the sounds in it but wow, this is one interesting guitar. Will be keeping it for quite a while I think. I'm lacking a Stratocaster in my arsenal so I've set the guitar emulation to a 60's style Stratocaster sound, with a Les Paul sound at the bridge pickup. Really versatile.


What's even more amazing is this whole package includes a footswitch controlled via Bluetooth. Like legit. Wow! This whole deal is too amazing! With this guitar, it will become my number one practice tool. Or even on stage someday seeing as the HSS combination is a versatile pickup combination.

Technology is so exciting!!!

Edwin Ang

*As of 14th May 2022, this Mooer GTRS guitar has been sold for $450.

1 comment:

  1. Why the Borgata Is The Best Casino In The World With Over 2,000 Games
    The Borgata is an 원주 좜μž₯μ•ˆλ§ˆ MGM 이천 좜μž₯μ•ˆλ§ˆ Resorts μ•ˆλ™ 좜μž₯μ•ˆλ§ˆ commercial hotel and casino located in ν™”μ„± 좜μž₯λ§ˆμ‚¬μ§€ Atlantic City, New Jersey, owned μ œμ£Όλ„ 좜μž₯샡 by the Borgata and operated by MGM Resorts International.

    ReplyDelete

πŸ“– Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.