![]() |
| Click here for video! |
Yay I finally stopped procrastinating on this song! Serious. I did a cover on it at the beginning of this year. I spent a lot of effort into recording that cover, only to find out I tuned a half step down and went on with recording. It was such a tough time recording back then that I had decided, so be it. Right now, things got simpler, I knew more tricks, so I revisited this song. It is a relatively easy song, based on the fact that it is only made up of power chords. The lick itself is pretty addictive, just like Dance.
![]() |
| These are the effects I used throughout the entire song. |
And guess what? I managed to get rid of the Pedaltrain 3 hard case. I chanced upon this seller who is selling a Mono M80 PB2. I requested to trade my hard case for his Mono M80, and he agreed! Reason being, the Mono couldn't zip up due to the fact that his Strymon pedals on the top rungs were too tall. There wasn't enough height clearance in the bag. He had just purchased the Mono so it was still in brand new condition. We met up on 3rd November 2016 to do the trade. He actually contemplated for a long time because the weight was really the only downside to the hard case. Eventually, he succumbed to the fact that nothing else can contain his crazy board and did the trade. Here is the Mono M80 PB2 and my board in it:
I had to rearrange my pedals because the Line 6 M5 was too tall. Luckily, I could arrange it in such a way that now my Wah pedal is the tallest. It is still pressing down on the pedals but that can't be helped; Classic 2 is a tad bit taller than the original PT2, which is what the M80 based on.
The following picture came from the happy trader. He actually could squeeze in his Pedaltrain Nano at the extra space in the case. This left him with no regrets. But wow, just look at his board. It is the same PT2 Classic as mine, but his is filled with boutique pedals. Honestly, I would feel safe if that precious board is inside that hard case all along.
Back to the title of the post, I hope you enjoyed my humble little cover. As some of you noticed, I used my Gibson Les Paul to record a cover for the first time ever. Yes, Let Praise Awaken would sound better on a Telecaster, but I had my reasons. One of the main reason is because I had thoughts of selling my Gibson away because it is underutilised. Hence I will be using it more often to rid that bad thought. I will be going to the army soon so I won't even be at home most of the time. BUT, if no one buys it from me, I would still keep the Gibson, cause honestly, I spent a great deal of effort into getting it, so I won't be letting it go so easily. But until then, I guess I will be using the Gibson to record more covers soon!
Edwin Ang
5th November 2016
How about version 3.0 here?






No comments:
Post a Comment