Saturday, 7 July 2018

ðŸ”Ĩ Helix Kicks Ass


Helix kicked so much ass that I have to calculate the costs of my big rig change. And I actually saved money instead of losing some. Here's a final breakdown of my prices:

Bought:
1. Line 6 Helix Floor - $1999
2. Line 6 Helix Bag - $199
3. Cioks DC5 - $190
4. Pedaltrain Nano - $70
Total: $2458

Sold:
1. PRS SE Custom 24 2018 - $950
2. Strymon Timeline - $480
3. Ernie Ball Volume Pedal - $80
4. TC Electronic Ditto X2 - $120
5. Xotic SP Compressor - $150
6. Analogman Prince of Tone - $240
7. Pedaltrain Jr - $70
8. Mono Club - $100
9. Voodoo Lab PP2+ - $160
10. Shure SM57 - $100
11. Tech 21 Blonde - $150
12. EHX Nano POG - $180
Total: $2780

Profit: $322

Yeah if you noticed, 3 more gear left my stronghold! I vowed to keep these 3 but Helix says no. Hopefully these are the last few that leaves my collection..

First to go is the Shure SM57!

Yes. I said I wanted keep the Shure SM57 in case I was gonna record the THR10C someday. I also said I wanted to keep the Tech 21 Blonde to run my pedalboard direct. I also also said that the Nano POG is here to stay as long as Helix doesn't have octave effects. Guess what? Helix proved me wrong. Again.

Then the Tech 21 Blonde.

I didn't touch the Shure SM57 and Tech 21 Blonde anymore since I got the Helix. Occasionally I would use the POG but I find its usage to be very low. Most songs can't do well when octaves are significantly heard. Sadly, I could use the money earned to fund some other gear that would work well with the Helix!

Finally the EHX Nano POG!

So on 30th June, I sold off the Shure SM57, along with the stand I bought separately, for a total of $100. Made a loss in that one. Then on 3rd July, the Blonde was exchanged for $150, even more of a loss there. Finally, on 6th July, I sold off the Nano POG at $180, again losing money. But it was a great spend, really. Learnt so much just by having these gear!

Next up, I could be expecting an Ampli-firebox to pop up for me to buy. Seriously contemplating that pedal because it is really compact and I could integrate it into my current Nano board. I do miss the days where I just plug my guitar into a pedal then into an amp and just play away... Also, I could be looking at new guitars in the future since my focus is now not on the effects and pedals. Already eyeing a few exquisite guitars and wondering when to get them!

Edwin Ang
7th July 2018

*As of 9th January 2022, my Line 6 Helix Floor has been sold for $1250. It was a really great 4 years with it and now I'm moving on to newer heights with the HX Stompboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.