8 months later, I got myself another two pedals from Snake Oil Fine Instruments. This time, the pedals looked crazy good because of the unique art design on the pedals. Along with the two Fulltone OCDs, I placed them on display snugly under my guitars, with no intention to use them.
Fast forward another 4 months to my 23rd birthday, things took a turn. I got myself a Pedaltrain Metro 16 in hopes of putting together an intermediate board so I can utilise my 4 dirt pedals. I didn't do much after that though. Fitting all 4 dirt pedals on it with the HX Stomp and dual switch means I do not have space for a Compressor and Volume pedal.
So again, I didn't do anything after that. Fast forward yet another 6 months to today, I'm finally beginning to go somewhere with this project. The board has been sitting in my cupboard for 6 months, being just a dream. Today, I made reality.
Few days ago, after listing my Fulltone OCD V2 in Limited Edition Red for a few weeks, someone finally bought it at my asking price of $200. With an OCD gone, now I'm left with 3 dirt pedals, which means I can fit it all in with a potential Compressor and Mini Volume.
I began my hunt on Carousell for a Truetone CS6 power supply because that's the only one I'm getting for my needs. Found one used and promptly bought it for $150. With this power supply, my intermediate board is finally taking shape, after like one and a half years of procrastination.
I'm still currently hunting for the Dunlop Mini Volume pedal because that is one tough one to find. The price is even more expensive than the CS6 power supply so I'm having a hard time looking for one with my budget. And it must be clean too because a volume pedal is rather personal.
The final piece is a Compressor pedal but I would like to take my time with that one because this time it's gonna be really personal. Haven't had a Compressor in ages and the last time I had one I couldn't really tell the different settings apart. I'm also getting more EBS patch cables since those are really well made.
Right now, I'm currently using my HX Stomp flyrig on smaller stages like my occasional Sunday life in a small startup church. Though there's 8 blocks now and my rig is potentially all-in-one, I still would like to use analog dirt pedals to leave more space for time-based effects in the Stomp.
Of course if given the space, I would still whack a full Helix Floor on stage. Of course again, I haven't really tried a Stomp-centered rig so until then, I cannot determine which one do I like more. Now then, what Compressor pedal do I need to get? Xotic SP? Keeley Comp? Cali 76?
Edwin Ang
Tags: PBv5.10





No comments:
Post a Comment