Sunday, 23 January 2022

‼️ Seeing Double


Nope, I'm not crazy, yet. What you're seeing is as real as this blog's ever gonna get. The HX Stomp has been such a phenomenal piece of gear in my life that I just had to get another one after the sale of my bigger Helix Floor. Well, here it is, in a completely different colour to boot!!!


Actually, way before I put up my Helix Floor for sale, I have been considering getting a 2nd HX Stomp as backup. Problem is, the Helix Floor is already my backup. So when I sold it off, I knew the 2nd HX Stomp won't be long.


I remember getting my 1st HX Stomp for $900 brand new at Maranatha Music on my 21st birthday. Today, I bought a used HX Stomp for $720 from Carousell. The seller even left me some crazy expensive IRs in the Stomp.

There were IRs from Ownhammer, ML Sound Labs, York Audio and Celestion. It's quite crazy because all I ever bought was from Worship Tutorials, ToneJunkie, David Hislop and 3 Sigma Audio. This seller literally doubled my choices of paid IRs!!!


I was rather happy that the condition of the HX Stomp is still pristine. The only fault I can find is that the knobs are a little looser than my original Stomp, which is perfectly fine if I use this 2nd Stomp on my main board. I'll probably never ever edit presets on my main board using the knobs anyway.


With the only difference being the colour of the Stomp, I'll label this board as version 5.81. To be frank, the dark blue hue looks rather cool on the main board. Black was really a little boring. Moving on to the main point, my original HX Stomp will be migrating onto the Pedaltrain Nano.

Picking up from where I left off in pedalboard version 4.3, I'm trying to build the same board, but without the Line 6 G10 because micro-USB on the G10 is a really outdated feature. I'm waiting for a new volume pedal to arrive so I can rearrange the Nano board into the next version.


As of now, this is pedalboard version 4.4 (temporary version), with the Boss OS-2 simulating an extra pedal beside the HX Stomp. Because the new volume pedal coming my way is passive, I have thoughts of moving the Dual Switch to the right of the Stomp and shifting the Ionic Audio converter off-board (carried separately).

That theoretical arrangement will free up a lot of space while keeping my headphone output unobstructed. Problem is, the Dual Switch needs to be between the volume pedal and the Stomp because I need the right side of the volume pedal unobstructed for my guitar input.

Being in the middle has its flaws too. The Dual Switch would be too close for comfort to my tap tempo button. The only workaround to this problem is if I connect the volume pedal via effects loop and so, my guitar signal will be entering the board from the top side. But then I would lose 1 out of 8 blocks just for effects loop.

Wahhhhh this is more stressful than I thought. But once the pedal arrives, I will figure out a way, I always do. Till then, I'm pretty darn satisfied with what I am seeing right now. The next blog post will be even better! Things are spicing up again!!!

Edwin Ang

Tags: PBv4.4, PBv5.81

*As of 14th May 2022, the 2nd Line 6 HX Stomp (Blue) has been sold for $750.

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.