Tuesday, 23 October 2018

ðŸĪŊ The Ultimate Pedal

Nope, I'm not back to guitar pedals just yet.

Today, let me introduce the most powerful pedal in the world: The Line 6 HX Stomp!!!


Line 6 literally took all of the regular Helix's firepower and stuffed it into an enclosure the size of a Strymon Timeline. This was what most of the Helix Floor and LT users have been wanting for so many years. Line 6 heard their pleas and finally released the ultimate guitar pedal!


This may be one of my most impulsive purchase in my life. As soon as news came out on Facebook, I contacted my previous seller whom I bought my Helix Floor from and immediately placed an order. It is literally only less than 2 weeks ago that this device was released, and all around the world music stores have already sold out this pedal.

The headphone-out looks pretty sweet!
What makes it so amazing is that it can do amp and cab modelling, function as an audio interface, run effects loops. perform snapshots, do headphone out, and run 6 effect blocks at a time. And there are like over 300+ effects inside, including stuff from the Line 6 POD series and the Line 6 M series. All in an enclosure that can fit into my pocket!


After owning the Helix Floor for quite a good time, I am very convinced at Line 6's capabilities in the modelling world. This HX Stomp is a no-brainer for me as I can have it as my backup rig or practice rig or even live acoustic rigs. It can even be chained to the Helix Floor for additional DSP (which I always run out of)!

The Stomp-Box

Got it at $900 from Maranatha Music (where I got my Helix Floor from), a little pricey but worth all the goodness Line 6 has put so much effort into designing. Together with my Edcaster, it's time to hit the high and start changing the world!


Alas, today is my 21st birthday and I am very very happy that I have come this far in my musical journey. Because of that, my parents got me a brand new guitar capo as a gift! I was there at that point in time and they just casually said they'll buy it for me.


So we ate at Marina Square on Sunday night and after eating, we passed by this music store called Synwin Violins. They do sell a few acoustic guitars and we came across this capo. Looks and feels so good in my hands. Had to get it and so my parents got it for me as a birthday gift. Couldn't ask for a better present than something I use often!

That's all for my birthday post. Rock on people!

Edwin Ang

***After 7 long years with the HX Stomp, it has been sold on 10th October 2025 to another young guitarist for $700. It's been a great run my little Stomp.

1 comment:

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.