Surprise surprise!!! I'm back with a familiar pedal!!! This marks the first time I got a pedal which I previously owned before. This Jim Dunlop Crybaby Mini CBM95 made its way back to me because of its tonal versatility and small size.
Back then, I traded the bigger Crybaby Classic GCB95F for this Crybaby Mini for the exact reason of it being a smaller size. During those days, I had a pedalboard full of pedals and space was an issue for me. Unfortunately, I didn't rock as hard back then and eventually sold it away.
Today, I re-obtained this little pedal. I didn't buy it though, I merely traded my Fulltone Fulldrive 2 for it. As mentioned in previous posts, I didn't really like the sound of the Vintage Fulldrive 2 so I predicted it won't stay with me for long. As such, tonight was the night it got replaced with this mini wah pedal!
The internal DIP switches are the selling point of this pedal compared to its older brothers. The "Low" setting makes it sound more like a phaser and compliments the single-coils really well. The "Medium" setting is an all rounder that have a little bit of everything in it. The "High" setting is the classic wah sound, very bright and can cut through the mix really well.
Will be keeping this pedal around for a good while as it can be paired with both my Helix and HX Stomp for wah effects at the front of the chain. Super happy to be able to own it again! Meanwhile, I don't think I'll be getting another guitar so soon because I'm happy with just my Edcaster for now.
Does this mean it's time to buy unique pedals again?
Edwin Ang
4th January 2019
***As of 7th June 2019, this pedal was effectively replaced by another mini wah pedal for $90.
***As of 7th June 2019, this pedal was effectively replaced by another mini wah pedal for $90.




No comments:
Post a Comment