Friday, 28 October 2016

🎎 Dance


Sup, it's time for another guitar cover again! Disclaimer!!! I do not usually publish 6 posts in a month, much less say 2 posts in a day. But this month of October is such a lively period in my life that constant blogging is just so much fun. Compared to the past 3 years, I never once felt to accomplished in my life. Maybe it's because new people walked into my life and gave me the encouragements I need. Still, I never felt so "alive" when I see my guitar and pedals! Woohoo! ðŸ˜


This time, it's one of my favourite songs called Dance by Planetshakers. Few reasons why I totally should cover this song. Firstly, it is surprisingly easy to play. It has only a few chords and notes but the riffs are really addictive. And it's got a legit bass drop! Secondly, it is in my top 5 favourite songs. I remember clicking on Planetshakers' new album 2 years ago and man, was I hooked after listening to this song. Not only was the music nice, the video was awesome too. I could see the amount of fun Planetshakers had when playing the song on stage. This song really reminds me of my Polytechnic Year 1 life. Lastly, I can say I wanna play this song for my friend Chan Jun Wei. He was beside me when I got hooked onto this song so he sort of got hooked as well. Although he isn't a Christian, he just kept singing the chorus cause it was that good. This shows that we Christians ain't a boring bunch. Nope, we don't "just sit in church and sing hymns"; we praise God with all our talents. ðŸŽŠ 🎉

All 3 effects on throughout song. Everything on amp at 12 o'clock. ðŸ•›

A little summary of the song's electric guitar parts... The intro could be done by the lead guitarist, but it always sounds better if the keys could play it. I wonder how it would sound with a music pad... After the intro comes the verse. Not much can be done here. It may or may not sound better, but you can add palm mutes mirroring the bass but it's personal preference. Pre-chorus is just power chords to enhance that groovy lick. Chorus itself is an extension of that lick; similar but different. Lastly, the bass drop solo. Just to add a depth to the solo (we can't possibly let bassist tank everything right?), I am playing a few chords and immediately muting them so that I don't steal that much of the limelight from the bassist. At the end of the song, there's a choice to end on chords or end on that intro riff. I wanted to end on chords, but changed my mind towards the end, so that made me drop out of tempo for the outro. Still, it would be pretty cool if I nailed it. I believe if I played this live, I could go on and on forever! ðŸŒ€

Enough talk though, let's hear it for ourselves. Click here for video! To my friend Jun Wei, and to all other non-believers out there: We Christians can rock too! ðŸ˜Ž

Edwin Ang
28th October 2016

***Check out the latest version (v3.0) here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

📖 Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation! Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.